It may come as a surprise to you (or not) that Coca-Cola is highly acidic and while some of you drink it, did you know you can also clean with it?
Why? Because of its phosphoric acidity at a pH level of 2.8, it makes Coca-Cola comparable to fresh lemon juice, vinegar and wine. This means that instead of ingesting the sweet liquid you could use it as a cost-effective means for house cleaning.
Our Top 2busy2diy Coca-Cola Tips:
- Oil Cleaner – Got a bit of oil on the garage floor? If so, why not try our ‘no scrubbing required’ approach. Just pour Coca-Cola on the oil mark, leave for a couple of hours and then hose off to reveal stain free flooring.
- Blackened pots – Build up on pots and pans can take hours of scrubbing. So to make it easier on your hands and nails, simply pour a can of Coke in the pot and put it on the stove over a low heat. After an hour, remove the pot and wash as normal.
- Rust – Place your small objects in a glass of Coke and soak overnight. In the morning, simply give them a little scrub and the Coke will have made the rust easier to remove.
- Pen Ink – Pen marks on the carpet can be a real pain. To remove with Coke apply a small amount of the soft drink on the stain and scrub. Then use soapy water on the coke an voila it’s back to normal.
- Clean the toilet – It’s been well documented with videos and images that Coke can clean the toilet bowl, but how? Simply, pour coke around the inside of the toilet bowl and leave for an hour or so. Then flush and use the toilet brush to remove.
- Descaling the Kettle – Descaling your kettle of limescale has never been easier thanks to Coca-Cola. Just boil a kettle full of Coke and leave to stand for 30 minutes. Theres no need for fancy products or gadgets.
- Clothing Stains – Whether it’s blood or grease, Coke is the fix for getting those tough stains removed. Just empty a can into your wash with your usual cleaning products and run through a regular cycle.
- Grout Out– Ever spilt Coca Cola on the floor and realised its cleaning potential? Little did you know that cola is great for cleaning tile grout! If you have dirty, dingy grout, pour a bit of cola onto the area, let it sit for a few minutes, and wipe clean. For tough stains, use a cleaning toothbrush to scrub the grout before wiping the area clean.
- Stinky Slacks? – If your clothing smells even after its been washed and you fear the lingering odour, worry not. Grab a can of Coke and add to the wash with your regular detergent! One can will help break down and neutralise odours, getting rid of the even the worst odour culprits.
- Problem with Skunks? -Let’s admit it- the smell of skunk is gross and almost impossible to forget. For those of you who live in an area where skunk smells are an issue, take one can of coke and add it to a bucket of water with detergent. By simply being present, the cauldron of Coke helps to break the odour down and make it less nauseating! If you (or likely your cat/dog) ever get skunked, here’s an easy cleanup tip. Forget mama’s tomato sauce tip and get into the shower instead. Cover yourself (or your pet) from head to toe with coke and wait a few minutes before rinsing off. Lucky for you, cola makes for an excellent hair treatment so you just got two tips for the price of one!
- Car Windshield – Cleaning off bugs and other buildup on the car windscreen can be removed by pouring a can of the soft drink over the screen and then using a hose to wash off the Coke.
Isn’t amazing yet scary, that a drink could be used to clean in these ways. Do you have any odd uses for Coca-Cola around your house? We love to research new ways to improve our cleaning service and have tried and tested a range of technics. We offer a range of services, from Ironing to Window Cleaning, so why not check us out today and book online to get your house sparkling clean from the 2busy2diy Team.